New Features (Our Neopets Classic Diary)
Visit this page daily for the latest updates on everything new that we add to the site!
Summer may be over but don't fret! If you're looking to prolong that blissful summer feeling chanty has the perfect makeover for your favorite finned friend; Maraquan Flotsam is now available!!! If you've got your hands on a Maraquan Paint Brush then head on over to the Rainbow Pool to treat your pet to this playful new Maraquan makeover!!!
If you've got Neopoints to spare Bernard is now stocking books that'll grant your pet entry to the Booktastic Book Club. If you can get your pet into one of the top 17 places they might even earn a trophy for all of their smarts!
The Neopian Book Award is also now being awarded to those pets who have read the most books in Neopets Classic. Like all other trophies your pet will not lose their trophy should they fall out of the top 17, only bragging rights!
Only books purchased from the Neopian Book Shop, or if you want to trek all the way to Faerieland there is apparently a book shop there too, will count towards your pet's total. Booktastic Books do not count and vice-versa.
Uggh-Ugga-Ugg! Ugga a-ugga Tyrannian Foods Ugga-uggh!
If you've been keeping up with Neopets Classic's first plot, Tiki Tack's Tiki Trap then you'd better head over to the Kiko Lake Shorefront! There seems to be a ruckus coming from a flock of Kikos!
All shells not in your Event Pouch have been removed from the game! The event shop will remain open for a bit longer and it's just been refreshed, so if you still have shells to spend then see what the Tiki Tack man has to offer... while he's still around...
Summer isn't quite over yet! If you need to be reminded of that then chanty has you covered thanks to their amazing art for our newest pet - Maraquan Kiko!!! If you've got your hands on a Maraquan Paint Brush and are sure you clam handle your very own Kiko being this adorable then head over to the Rainbow Pool to give your pet this amazing new aquatic makeover!!!
Draik owners rejoice! It's Draik Day so it's time to celebrate with a great new selection of colours and items! If one of your pets is currently a Draik then we've got great news! Thanks to ryoukishi your Draik can now be painted Biscuit, Gold or Strawberry!!!
If you don't have a Draik or are just a casual fan then there are a selection of new plushies and books stocking now to celebrate the big day!
User Galleries are getting some upgrades! It's now possible to Rank Items in your gallery! You can use decimal and negative numbers so the ranking possibilities are virtually endless!
Items in User Galleries can now also be added to more than 1 category! Hooray! Holding control (or command for mac users) while selecting categories will allow you to select multiple! Each item can be ranked differently in each category it is in!
In smaller news...
If you've been doing your part to make sure the Kadoaties staying in the Kadoatery are full up then make sure to check and see if you're on the new Kadoatery Hiscores!!! Only the top 100 feeders will be on list this so if you want to secure your spot then make sure that you're feeding as many as you can!
Today is the final day that shells will be dropping across Neopia! If you are still saving for a prize from the Event Shop don't fret as the shop will remain open for a couple of weeks to exchange any lingering shells for prizes so you can still roll up and spend those shells!
Please note that all shells not placed within your Event Pouch will be removed from your inventory, gallery, shop, etc. after September 14!
The nefarious Dr. Sloth has been seen distributing gross potions across Neopia that will transform your Neopet into a Mutant Eyrie! The art for this new color was graciously provided by ryoukishi!
If you're not lucky enough to get a visit by Dr. Frank Sloth himself then fear not! If you've found the way to the Secret Laboratory you can zap your Eyrie until it mutates!
Ssstep right up to Sssidney's Deserted Fairground Ssscratchcards! Test your luck and see if you can win the Jackpot... Or you know, a Mutant Plushie is always a nice prize as well...
You can only purchase cards once every 2 hoursss...
But wait, that's not all! There are also now several Baby Plushies stocking in Plushie Palace!!! These adorable little plushies are the perfect companion for your Baby Neopet!
- Several new plushies are stocking at Plushie Palace! But wait... something is... not right with a few of these plushies... If you're lucky enough to get your hands on a Magical Plushie playing with it will alter your Neopet!!!
- A new poll is now live, the Neopets Classic Content Poll #2! It closes August 31st so make sure to place your votes before then!
If you've seen a Grey Kadoatie at the Kadoatery and thought it would make a perfect companion for your Grey Neopet then does ryoukishi have some good news for you! If you've got your hands on both a Kadoatie and a Grey Petpet Paint Brush then you can head over to the Petpet Puddle and give your Petpet a melancholy makeover!
Merifoods is now stocking all sorts of medieval goodies! If you're lucky enough you might just be able to purchase one of the elusive five Draik Eggs... If you do, make sure to take it to the Draik Nest - if you don't plan on eating it that is! They are a delicacy, after all!
If you're lacking the brush don't fret just yet! If you're lucky enough to get one of the Golder Kiko Gift Bags you might just find a Magical Gold Eyrie Plushie inside!!! We'd like to thank zretrareo once again for providing the art for these items!
A Garlic Kiko has been reportedly bouncing around Neopia! Apparently, everywhere he goes not only does he leave a stinky trail (pee-yew!) but he's been dropping Golder Kiko Gift Bags to make up for the stink!!! If you're lucky enough (or unlucky if you don't plug your nose!) to run into him who knows what treasures might await you inside!!!
P.S. Special thanks to ryoukishi for the wonderful item art for the Gift Bag!!!
On a more personal note, these bags are being released to celebrate hitting 200 patrons over on the Neopets Classic Patreon! It's been unbelievable to see how quickly this site and community has grown. Each time I open applications I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people who want to come and join in on the fun! It's truly been a wonderful pleasure to be able to bring Neopets Classic to you all and I can't wait to continue to share what we have in store for the rest of the year!!! Your support means the world to me and it means that I can continue to focus on this project more and more the higher that patron count climbs. And who knows, perhaps before the year is out we might even see a Goldest Kiko Gift Bag? Stranger things have happened!
Thank you to all of you who support the project in one way or another. None of this would be possible without you!!!
If your Chomby is lacking an evil element then look no further! The Darigan Chomby by ryoukishi has been released!!! If you want to ensure your Neopet is a force not to be reckoned with, then head over to the Rainbow Pool with a Darigan Paint Brush to give your pet a makeover fit for a loyal follower of Lord Darigan!
Hooray! It's now possible to switch your avatar! There are plenty of defaults to choose from but while browsing the site you might just unlock some Secret Avatars to use as well! Head over to the Neoboards Preferences page to switch your avatar!
In other news, it's now possible to delete and set your NeoFriends to VIP status! This means that wherever you might enter a username such as NeoMail or gifting an item to a NeoFriend, you'll now be able to quickly select from your VIP NeoFriends!
A strange transmission just shot across Neopia!!!
"Well do.. ... ... is proceeding ... plan... ... ... ... pitiful Neopets ... ... they will never see... ... ..."
Unfortunately most of the message seems to be distorted and interference isn't helping! Perhaps a trip up to the Space Station is required? After all, nearly every transmission coming to or from Neopia runs through that station!
If you haven't purchased anything from the Event Shop yet you might just have two new reasons to spend some shells! The Eventide Babaa submitted by Squishy and Eventide Faellie submitted by zretrareo have been released! Make sure your Petpet looks out of this world with these great new shades!
- Get bouncing! It's Blumaroo Day!!! To celebrate, Ween and Karl have cooked up quite the surprise - The Royalgirl and Royalboy Blumaroos have been released!!! Bounce your way over to the Rainbow Pool with a Royal Paint Brush to give your pet a makeover truly fit for royalty!
The Underwater Fishing Cavern is here! This trapped air pocket has created an underwater lake with all kinds of strange and wondrous sea creatures, as well as some... other interesting things. Take a place on the jetty and start fishing! But be patient. You might have to wait a while between catches. If you get lucky enough you might even fish up a Paint Brush!!!
- Take to the skies to celebrate! The Faerie Eyrie has been released!!! This unreleased Neopets art has been graciously and wonderfully retouched by Tomasina. If you're an Eyrie fan and want your pet to look the very best, then grab a Faerie Paint Brush and head over to the the Rainbow Pool to give your Eyrie a much deserved makeover!!!
- The Chocolate Gnorbu by Nanamom has been released!!! If you've happened to collect all 9 pieces of the Secret Laboratory Map and are subjecting a Gnorbu to the Mad Lab Ray Scientist's experiments then your pet might just take on this delicious looking new appearance!
To get into the summer mood, there are now several new Island Plushies stocking at Plushie Palace!!! The plushies that were included in the Rainbow Kiko Gift Bag are also now stocking!
- The Faerie Gnorbu by Tomasina has been released!!! If you've got a Gnorbu who's ready to exude elegance then grab a Faerie Paint Brush and visit the Rainbow Pool to take a little taste of Faerieland home with you!
The Tiki Tack Man has been seen going around Neopia randomly handing out festive looking Gift bags... If you're lucky enough to get one who knows what might be waiting inside!!!
- The Grey Draik has been released! If your Draik is in dire need of a sad new look then head over to the Rainbow Pool with a Grey Paint Brush in hand to give your Draik a makeover! This unreleased Neopets art was graciously refinished by Tomasina!!!
Shells have begun popping up all over Neopia... If you happen to stumble upon any, be sure to place them into your Event Pouch and head over to the Tiki Tack Man's newly renovated Event Shop!!! Nobody is quite sure why he's collecting all of these shells but at least you'll be able to get some sweet prizes out of the deal!
If you don't see anything that catches your eye don't fret! The Tiki Tack man swaps out his inventory once you make a purchase or once a week. The shells he asks for is different for each player, so be sure to trade your shells with others if you need a lot of one kind!
Finally, if you haven't already, be sure to head over to Krawk Island to grab and open the Bottled Message to begin Neopets Classic's first ever plot, Tiki Tack's Tiki Trap!!! Opening the bottle will mark the plot as started for you and you will receive any account related rewards after the plot is over. Shells will continue falling until near the end of August, so make sure to grab all of the prizes you might want!
- Rumors are mounting of a strange Bottled Message turning up on the shores of Krawk Island! Opening this bottle will begin the first Neopets Classic Plot!
- HAPPY KIKO DAY! Beginning today, we will be having a weeklong Kiko Day Celebration! The first round of updates today includes Kiko Lake!!! A new shop has opened and is stocking at this large lake formed within the caldera of a long-dormant volcano. If you're interested in getting your hands on new Gourmet Foods be sure to keep an eye on this shop's stock!
- Pieces of a map which appear to depict a Secret Laboratory, only... smaller... have been finding their way into the hands of some lucky Neopians! If you find all 9 pieces perhaps you'll be able to discover what kind of strange treasure awaits!
The first batch of painted Petpets have been added to the game! Head over to the Petpet Puddle if you've gotten your hands on a Petpet Paint Brush!
Or if you need a little help planning out the perfect Petpet for your Neopet, head over to the All Petpet Colours page to preview which species and colour combo will be the perfect match for your pet!
- Welcome to The Kadoatery! Each Kadoatie really wants an item to make it happy until its owner returns. If you have the item the Kadoatie is looking for, click on its cage to hand it over! You'll make the little Petpet very happy, and your name will be displayed here so everyone knows how kind you are. Feed enough and you might even win a trophy for your user lookup!
So what are you waiting for? Get in there and help some Kadoaties. You are here to help, aren't you?
- If you're feeling down because Rainbow Month has come to an end here in Neopia Classic don't fret! Head over to the Rainbow Pool with a Rainbow Paint Brush in hand to give your Lutari the Rainbow treatment! The wonderful art for this pet was provided graciously by rorjor and Tomasina.
- The Snow Draik by ryoukishi has been released! If these hot summer days are too much for your Neopet to bear then head over to the Rainbow Pool with a Snow Paint Brush and give your Draik a much needed cool-off with this great new colour!
A new poll, the Neopets Classic Colourtastic Poll!! is now live! There are several newly (oldly?) designed pets that are just waiting for your vote! Head over to the NeoPolls page to cast your vote now!
This poll also features a couple of small changes to the polling system. You're now able to skip a question if you're unsure about voting yes or no! Skipped votes will not be counted for or against the question. Also, you can now provide optional feedback if you skip a question or vote no for it.
The Faerie Queen Fyora has commanded the Faeries of Faerieland to bestow quests upon the inhabitants of Neopia! Help out the Faeries by returning their missing items and in return they can grant your pets stat increases, reward you with Neopoints, and perhaps even let you take a dip in the illustrious Rainbow Fountain!
For one week after this update, you will be able to claim a free quest once a day by visiting the Faerie Quest HQ inside of Faerie City, or by clicking here!
- Treat your pet to a stay at one of the many Neolodge™ Hotels. We have accommodation to suit all tastes and our presidential suites have en-suite jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness center to get your pet into shape. Check your pet in today by clicking here!
- The Plushie Ogrin by Tomasina has been released! If you've got an Ogrin ripe for some stuffing, head over to the Rainbow Pool with a Plushie Paint Brush to give your pet this cuddly new look!
- Standing at the peak of a sand dune you see a tall monolith covered with strange hieroglyphics. It is the Shrine of the late King Coltzan III. His spirit still inhabits the shrine, and if you approach, he may grant you something to help you in your battles. Click here to visit the shrine and pay your respects!
- Happy Pride Month! A mysterious Rainbow Kiko has been seen bouncing around Neopia handing out gift bags to celebrate 'Rainbow Month' here in Classic Neopia! Several new foods and toys can be found inside for your Neopet's enjoyment. If you're lucky enough to bump into him he might just give you one!!!
We'd like to also give a special thank you to ryoukishi for creating the awesome gift bag item art!!!
- You can now transfer pets through the Neopian Pound!!! You can transfer one pet for another or perform a one-way transfer to move a single pet. You're limited to 30 transfers per month and each transfer gets more expensive than the last as you transfer more and more pets!
In other news, the Adopt-A-Pet Search Engine is also now live! You can search for abandoned Neopets and adopt them with ease.
- The Grey Lutari by Tomasina has been released! If you've got a Lutari and are feeling Grey, head over to the Rainbow Pool with a Grey Paint Brush to give your pet this
sadsleek new look!
- If you've been lucky enough to be handed a Nerkmid around the site over the past couple of days then you're even more in luck! The resident Alien Aisha has constructed a vending machine capable of accepting these strange star-shaped tokens. But what might you win? Well you'll just have to try your luck and find out!
- The Tyrannian Xweetok is now available! We'd like to give our thanks to Tomasina for completing this unreleased Neopets art. Head over to the Rainbow Pool if you've got your hands on a Tyrannian Paint Brush!!!
- Happy Hissi Day! Several new Hissi Morphing Potions are now stocking in the magic shop. To further celebrate, new plushies are also stocking in Plushie Palace! Hissis will also be periodically added under the Create a Pet page so make sure you keep an eye out in you want one! If your favorite Neopet species happens to be Hissi you're in for a great day!
- You can now enable the Neopets Classic Authenticator to increase security on your account. Enabling two factor authentication will require a 6-digit code to login to your account. You can also enable additional features such as requiring the 6-digit code when removing Neopoints from your National Neopian account, when removing items from your shop or safety deposit box, and even removing PetPets from a pet! Head over to the Authenticator Preferences to enable this feature and find out more information.
Note: If you get no image during the QR step, refresh the page. Small bug, terribly sorry!
- The Gourmet Club has arrived! If you've got foods rarities 90-100 and feed them to your Neopet they'll now gain Gourmet Club Points! You can take a look at the leaderboards by clicking here.
- A couple of small QoL fixes have been introduced:
- It is now possible to clear your shop sales history.
- The inventory limit is now in place. You cannot accept items from other users or purchase items from shops if you have more items than your limit in your inventory!
- A Faerie Kiko has taken up residence near the Money Tree! If you're not having any luck getting a Golden Kiko Gift Bag from random events head over there and receive one for free before the Kiko returns to Faerieland!
- In celebration of hitting 100 supporters on the Patreon, Golden Kiko Gift Bags are dropping across Neopia! These gift bags have a chance to contain several Kiko Plushies including one exclusive to Neopets Classic that will become a retired item once the bags stop dropping! You might also find untradable Pet Tokens inside! If you're really lucky you just might find a Kiko...
- The first Neopets Classic Content Poll is now live! Click here to cast your vote and determine which features will make it into the game! The poll closes Tuesday May 5th so make sure to vote before the end of that day!
- It's Lutari Day! Several new Lutari themed items are stocking and falling across Neopia! If you're lucky you might even get the chance to create a Lutari today! If you're fortunate enough to already have one make sure you treat it to some of the new items!
- In celebration of Pet Day, a new gift bag item that contains various old Petpets can be found through random events! This gift bag will only be available for a limited time each year so make sure to grab one if you want to get your hands on an old pet!
- A strange new token has been found across Neopia with the ability to change your username or the name of your pets! Will you be lucky enough to find one of these elusive tokens?
- Several small QoL fixes have been introduced:
- It is now possible to delete and mark Neomails enmasse.
- Safety Deposit items can now be removed in multiples.
- Removing any items from the SDB will now return you to the same page as the item.
- A few users obtained Stone Paint Brushes from the Fruit Machine. This was unintentional, as the item was not supposed to be released yet. We've replaced those items with Shadow Paint Brushes. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- After many months awake, the Snowager has finally turned in for a great long slumber! You can approach while this massive ice worm is asleep, but be warned... you might need to take a trip to the Healing Springs if you happen to wake it!
- Roll up, roll up! Tiki Tack Tombola is now open! If you're lucky enough to pull the right ticket you might win some great items! If not, well you might win some less than great items! Or not! Who knows!!!
- The Faerieland Employment Agency is now open!!! Your pet can get a job and earn Neopoints by turning in items! If you're lucky enough to win a Job Coupon from the Wheel of Excitement or the Wheel of Knowledge you can even complete super jobs!!!
- User Galleries are now available for purchase! For only 150 NP you can open your own gallery and put items on display. You can also create categories to sort your items! Further customization will come in a future update.
- Dr. Sloth has been spotted around Neopia handing out disgusting potions to Neopians everywhere! Will you be unlucky enough to find one?
- ATTENTION! : We are clearing up a bunch of accounts related to cheating! If you have more than 4 accounts or have been transferring large amounts of wealth between your accounts, have any sort of glitched/cheat items, we know! Accounts and items will be getting frozen and deleted over the next few days. BE WARNED!
- Brightvale is here! Along with it comes the Wheel of Knowledge! You can spin this wheel once every 24 hours for a cost of 500 NP. What might you win?
- The Auction House is open once again! You'll now be refunded as soon as you're outbid and will receive a Neomail when you do. This notification will soon be toggle-able, but for now you will receive a Neomail each time you're outbid.
- Legend has it that hundreds of years ago, a dinosaur of GIGANTIC proportions laid a massive egg. That egg split open, and started to bake in the sun. Ever since then, a giant omelette has been cooking on the Tyrannian Plateau...
Well, now once a day you can receive a free slice of omelette from this Giant Omelette!
- Whispers of a Secret Laboratory have been howling across Neopia...
What could happen if you collect all nine pieces? You'll just have to be lucky enough to find out...
- You haven't forgotten to collect today's prize at the Advent Calendar have you? Tut tut! You can collect the prize by going to Happy Valley and clicking on the Advent Calendar link.
- Neopets Classic is here! This page will keep you up to date on all of the new features added to the game!